Grant Application Process
Please keep in mind that the SFAAF does not fund full adoptions but is designed to provide the last increment of funding that deserving adoptive parents need to reach their financial goals for adoption.
The SFAAF does not consider the race, national origin, creed, religion, marital status or sexual orientation of the applicant.
The requirements to receive a grant are as follow;
- Licensed Agency – Your adoption process must be through a verifiable not for profit 501(c)(3) licensed agency.
- Home Study – Applicants must have a completed home study or home study update by a licensed agency prior to submitting an application.
- Financial Need – Applicants are required to demonstrate their financial need based on income and assets.
- U.S. Citizen – Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
Once you have determined that you meet the eligibility requirements you are now able to start the online application process. Please follow these steps;
- Fully complete the online SFAAF grant application below. You must complete all fields to be considered. If you would prefer to mail in your application you can download it here.
- Write a letter to the fund detailing your individual situation. Please describe your adoption story and the financial need you are experiencing.
- Include two letters of reference.
- Prepare items 2 and 3 in Word doc format and email to email@example.com.
Completed applicant packages will be reviewed by the Executive Committee on a quarterly basis. Applicant interviews with a representative of the fund will then be conducted. Grant awards will be a range of $2,000 to $5,000 depending on demonstrated need.
Our fund has limited resources and we regret that we are not able to provide grants to all qualified adoptive parents.
Information Privacy – All information provided in this application will be held confidential. Your information will only be used for the purpose of evaluating grant approval.